Monday

Hawkins Pressure Cooker Review

Since I was away for a while, I couldn't bring any new pressure cooker reviews to this blog. I've been busy with some other things, but the good news is that I found a friend that gladly wrote a short review for me. And it is also possible to have some pressure canner and rice cooker reviews in the future. We will see about that. Now I'll let you read a new Hawkins pressure cooker review.

Two years have passed since I started cooking with a Hawkins cooker. At first, I thought this won't be such a good product for me to buy. I heard some lousy things about it, but I kept it in my mind somehow. I think it was because it is looking so cute and sophisticated, so even after I was reluctant to buy it, I still thought about doing it.


I must say that I was never a big fan of rice being made in any cooker, not just Hawkins, so I didn't have the hunger for this particular item. But after some time, I decided to try it out. It was mostly because of the way it looks, I remember thinking that a cookware like this has to be in good shape.

And when this black beauty finally arrive to my home (I ordered it through Amazon.com), I was excited because I was going to try something new. I remember that so clearly. I wanted to try it with rice, first thing I ever cooked. It was all good until the cooker made some noise. That was pressure being released and I didn't know is it over or something gone wrong. I know it had to whistle, I read that in the manual, but I didn't hear it whistle at all. I waited for a bit, but that didn't happened.

I turned it off and removed it from the stove. I thought I overcooked my first meal and I released the pressure. That was partially true so I had to change my strategy. Next time I lowered the flame just after some steam appeared. This was it and the cooking was just the way I hoped for. The meal was delicious and tasty. The juices rice made was something I never tasted before. I guess that this Hawkins is really good cooker. I was actually being unaware of that until that day. I was persuaded, because I had the proof right in my kitchen.



Then I tried peas, a soup and got to more serious meals like roast and chicken. It all went well. You have to know how much time you need for a certain meal, and how long you want to cook it. Hawkins is good, but its you who decides on the quality actually. You have to be there to make that choice.

I say this because I got one for my mother and she needs only 2 whistles to cook green peas, while I needed 20 to 30. I guess that there is some difference in the water. I heard that hard water can make a difference there.

In overall, the Hawking pressure cooker really does the great job. I save a lot of time and get better meals. On the negative side is that it is a bit expensive. Some will say that it isn't, since it has a good price compared to other brands. But that still means it is not cheap. But I don't mind it, it lasts long enough so I am satisfied with me choice.

No comments: